It’s odd to write about oneself…especially for this author. I’m much more comfortable deep inside a story, whether I’m writing or reading it. If you love books like I do, then I’m sure you understand what I mean. That said, here’s a little about me…
I was born in Arkansas, a place full of nice folks. I’ve lived in Texas, California, Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey. My wonderful family keeps me busy and we enjoy traveling, watching plays and movies, hiking, and playing tennis. If reading was an Olympic sport, I’d have several gold medals. I think I’ve always been writing; beginning with poems and plays in school, essays and short stories, magazine articles, and now picture books and novels. Writing, like eating or reading, is a necessity for me.
Odd jobs I’ve had:
- Hand model
- Clown–balloon animals are fun!
- Game show tester
- Singing telegram delivery girl–One Valentine’s Day, I sang and tap danced 48 love songs
- Queen at a Renaissance Fair for two summers–Boy was it fun to “Knight” people and also to yell, “Off with their heads!”
- Read, write, and brush my teeth.
My favorite errand:
- Lugging books to and from the library!
My favorite place to shop:
- Bookstore. Any bookstore, anywhere.
Where I love to be most in the world:
- Under the trees, reading a great book.